DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   toshiba 36a10 tv 5yrs old. tube tv (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/127149-toshiba-36a10-tv-5yrs-old-tube-tv.html)

1299 October 30th 05 03:59 PM

toshiba 36a10 tv 5yrs old. tube tv

the picture or sound will not come on when the on button is pushed. A red
blinking light comes on near the on button. If I hit the side of the tv
hard some times it will work. Or if I leave it on for a while,10 min. it
will come on. Please help. christine

Tom MacIntyre October 30th 05 04:40 PM

toshiba 36a10 tv 5yrs old. tube tv

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:59:14 -0500, "1299"
wrote:

the picture or sound will not come on when the on button is pushed. A red
blinking light comes on near the on button. If I hit the side of the tv
hard some times it will work. Or if I leave it on for a while,10 min. it
will come on. Please help. christine

Probably a bad solder connection.

Tom

JANA October 31st 05 02:07 PM

toshiba 36a10 tv 5yrs old. tube tv

Most likely there are bad solder connections inside. These may be in the
power supply, or one of the scan amplifiers, according to your description.

--

JANA
_____

lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...