Old November 2nd 05, 01:11 AM

Default RCA CTC 203CX

I don't have a service manual for that set, I see a free download for
CTC203AA5 and AA9 on this site:
http://www.samswebsite.com/photofact...SAMPLE_420.PDF

It shows R14509 on the 14.3V line, off of CR14704, which comes from pin
6 of T14401. Does that ring a bell? In this set, it's 300 ohms at 2W
and seems to be just there to drain C14711 when the set is turned off.

One of the hazards of working as an independent contractor- no access
to service manuals at home.

Yep, shading on color codes can be slightly different shades from one
maker to the next, even. I favor the sunlight fluorescents, because
"soft white" tubes put out an orangish light similar to incandescent.

Old November 2nd 05, 01:13 AM

Oh, yeah, I always resolder the HOT driver transformer.