Jeff Wisnia

Default AT&T Merlin 820 Console - "Memory Loss"

We've got a Merlin 820 phone system in our office and last weekend there
was a power outage.

When we started working on Monday we quickly noticed that all the phones
had lost their programmed "speed dial" numbers and everyone had to
reprogram their phone.

I know we've had power outages over the years, but this is the first
time it affected our phone system this way.

I'm thinking there's maybe a memory backup battery somewhere in the
console that might need replacing.

Can anyone confirm that, and tell me where the battery is located if
there is one in it?

Oh yeah, the console has a "Feature 1" module in it, but the years have
taken their toll on my memory, and I can't remember what the "features"
it gives are.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--