DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Zenith SJ7743RK pix overloading (C-3) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/124708-zenith-sj7743rk-pix-overloading-c-3-a.html)

[email protected] October 13th 05 05:28 PM

Zenith SJ7743RK pix overloading (C-3)

Hello

Zenith SJ7743RK, (C-3 chassis) Signal module 9-1054-01.

TV has overloading with the pix washing out, with scene change.
Also sync is a bit tenuous. Adjusting the video level pot helps, but
not enough range. CRT checks good (surprise!), and I have bypassed PIP
to eliminate that.
I have seen this commonly on these TV's, this one from 1992, but
have gotten around it by adjusting the video level.
I suspect an electrolytis is to blame, but have never dug into this
problem to find the culprit. Have any of you? I sure would appreciate
the quick fix. Thanks

David, on the Illinois prairie.

[email protected] October 14th 05 01:16 AM

Art wrote:
No reason to go any further with that set, bad crt.

Art

Thanks for the input, but the CRT is NOT THE PROBLEM. Did you read
my post? I eliminated that right off the bat.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

[email protected] October 14th 05 01:43 AM

Zenith SJ7743RK pix overloading (C-3)

Can we assume you already replaced the 22uF capacitor near the jungle
ic that always goes bad on these?

Is the video washing out on the whole image, or can it happen in
banding across the bright part?

Skype_man October 14th 05 02:27 AM

Zenith SJ7743RK pix overloading (C-3)

I have rejuvinated a lot of Zenith 25, & 27" CRT's
this year, & lost none of them. It's all how you go
about setting up & using the rejuvinator. Check the
electrolytic on the CRT board, if the unit has one, &
the one by the jungle IC like the other poster stated.
Sky.

[email protected] October 14th 05 12:00 PM

wrote:
Can we assume you already replaced the 22uF capacitor near the jungle
ic that always goes bad on these?

Is the video washing out on the whole image, or can it happen in
banding across the bright part?

Hmmm, I think you are steering me in the right direction. This
washout does have the appearance you mentioned. And no, I have not
replaced the cap you mentioned. I will look at a drawing when I get in
the shop and report back. And thank you very much.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Tom MacIntyre October 14th 05 08:27 PM

On 14 Oct 2005 04:00:36 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
Can we assume you already replaced the 22uF capacitor near the jungle
ic that always goes bad on these?

Is the video washing out on the whole image, or can it happen in
banding across the bright part?

Hmmm, I think you are steering me in the right direction. This
washout does have the appearance you mentioned. And no, I have not
replaced the cap you mentioned. I will look at a drawing when I get in
the shop and report back. And thank you very much.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

I think David is right, I've seen that on some Curtis-Mathes/Zenith
chassis.

Tom