Default Zenith SJ7743RK pix overloading (C-3)

Hello

Zenith SJ7743RK, (C-3 chassis) Signal module 9-1054-01.

TV has overloading with the pix washing out, with scene change.
Also sync is a bit tenuous. Adjusting the video level pot helps, but
not enough range. CRT checks good (surprise!), and I have bypassed PIP
to eliminate that.
I have seen this commonly on these TV's, this one from 1992, but
have gotten around it by adjusting the video level.
I suspect an electrolytis is to blame, but have never dug into this
problem to find the culprit. Have any of you? I sure would appreciate
the quick fix. Thanks

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Art wrote:
No reason to go any further with that set, bad crt.

Art

Thanks for the input, but the CRT is NOT THE PROBLEM. Did you read
my post? I eliminated that right off the bat.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Can we assume you already replaced the 22uF capacitor near the jungle
ic that always goes bad on these?

Is the video washing out on the whole image, or can it happen in
banding across the bright part?

Skype_man

I have rejuvinated a lot of Zenith 25, & 27" CRT's
this year, & lost none of them. It's all how you go
about setting up & using the rejuvinator. Check the
electrolytic on the CRT board, if the unit has one, &
the one by the jungle IC like the other poster stated.
Sky.