Junior Member

Default Zenith Z27a11s inputs

Hey folks,

Have one of the above, seems to work fine, but no manual in hand. I do have the original remote. Question is... if I hook something up to the rear line inputs, how do I view that on the TV? Don't see a "line input" button on the TV or remove.

Cheers!
Jon
nvic

Hey, i have heard of these being tricky. Some models you have to tune
to channel 99 and then push channel up on the remote, others, just tune
to chanel 00. let me know if it doesn't work, nvic

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvic
Hey, i have heard of these being tricky. Some models you have to tune
to channel 99 and then push channel up on the remote, others, just tune
to chanel 00. let me know if it doesn't work, nvic
Hi,

I tried tuning to 00 and 01... no luck with either (the TV won't tune to those).

Tried 99, then channel up with no luck either.
Andy Cuffe

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:28:49 +0100, babzog
wrote:

Hey folks,

Have one of the above, seems to work fine, but no manual in hand. I do
have the original remote. Question is... if I hook something up to the
rear line inputs, how do I view that on the TV? Don't see a "line
input" button on the TV or remove.

Cheers!
Jon

The source selection should be in the menu and on the remote. Channel
0 also changes to the line input with some Zeniths.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Cuffe
The source selection should be in the menu and on the remote. Channel
0 also changes to the line input with some Zeniths.
Andy Cuffe
Hi Andy,

My remote looks like this:

http://www.remotes.com/remote_images...th/z27a11s.jpg

I have no source selection entry in the menu. Only thing relating to channels is the auto channel finder for off air/cable, and a manual channel programmer (which doesn't allow me to add channel 0 or 1 - changes back after a couple of secs to the previous channel). If I click menu a second time, I get the video menu (coour, brightness, etc). A third press of menu clears it from the screen.

Cheers!
Jon

Junior Member

Talking

Aha!

From: http://artofhacking.com/files/TVMODES.HTM

ZENITH:

I think this might work on Goldstar TVs as well, since both Zenith and
Goldstar are the same company, LG Electronics.

Hold the MENU button. The menu will come up and then after a few
seconds will go away. Now let go of the MENU button and enter

9 8 7 6 Enter

You will get a service menu that varies widely depending on model, so
I won't include a walkthrough here. The ones I tried were fairly
self-explanatory.
Problem solved. Went into the service menu, poked around some and changed a setting named "C. Type" to 3 (likely anything from 2-5 would work - changing from 0 to 1 gave me stereo sound, then I got playing - set it to 5, etc). I also enabled the stereo/SAP (a default choice, I think, for the audio) and the audio mode setup option (was previously missing from the menu). While at it, I adjusted the picture size so things aren't running off the bottom, etc. Looks like a former owner went in there and screwed it up.

I'd be interested in a more thorough accounting of the service menu options. There are things in there like "3.58 T", "WhComp" (white compensation?), "6 Keys", "Scroll" and "5 Jacks" (which I couldn't seem to set) that I'm curious about.

After changing the options in the service menu, I had to rescan the channels before I could power the TV off.

I can't select 0 (or 1 or 2) to tune to the video input, but using the channel up/dn button lets me come round to it - makes me happy!

Thanks for replying to my original request folks - I appreciate the helpful thoughts.
WB2MEP

--
babzog

I don't know how similar your model is to a B27a11z, but on this model
it's selected by stepping down to chan 02
(or whatever the lowest channel you have programmed), then pressing
channel down one more time.

It's basically between the lowest & highest channels programmed in
memory so you'll get to the video input
when you step above the highest or below the lowest programmed channel
number.

Mike

WB2MEP