Michael

Default Dell 1504fp (LCD) keeps going to standby??

helo,
I have a Dell 1504fp (15" LCD Monitor). After it has been on for an hour or
so, it goes to standby. standby button brings it out for a sec, then back
out. I am guessing something is overheating. The design prevents me running
it with the circuitboards exposed so I cant use hot air/freeze spray to
track down component.

Any ideas where to look? what type of components are likely candidates?

All help appreciated.

Michael.

Michael

Hello,
I managed to run it with the boards exposed. I have checked all
electrolytics for esr and shorts (all ok). Sprayed freeze spray over of the
components (few at a time, then in a desperate attempt- all at once)- no
improvement seen?? Guess it cant be an overheating problem (unless it's
inside the actual LCD panel- didnt spray that cos it would probably be
damaged).

It's got me stumped!!