DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Onkyo Stero Cassette Tape Deck (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122912-onkyo-stero-cassette-tape-deck.html)

dutch October 2nd 05 07:17 PM

Onkyo Stero Cassette Tape Deck

I'm looking for a schmatic and/or repair manual for an Onkyo TA-RW404 tape
deck. The left playback channel has stopped working. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
D.E.

b October 2nd 05 08:01 PM

dutch wrote:
I'm looking for a schmatic and/or repair manual for an Onkyo TA-RW404 tape
deck. The left playback channel has stopped working. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
D.E.

just in case you havent already done so...you may want to check:
-audio gone only in play, or in record also?
-check headphone sockets and line out - is the sound gone on both these
outputs?
-vu meter working on that channel?

-if none of this helps you'd probably need a scope to trace the path
and find out where the signal is getting lost.
good luck - B

Mark D. Zacharias October 2nd 05 08:34 PM

"dutch" wrote in message
I'm looking for a schmatic and/or repair manual for an Onkyo TA-RW404 tape
deck. The left playback channel has stopped working. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
D.E.

Sending the manual to address shown - watch out for those head
wires....they're troublemakers.

Mark Z.

Michael Kennedy October 3rd 05 02:41 AM

I felt kinda stupid after I started trying to spell it out phonetically. It
seemed obvious that that was how you say it, but I had allready started a
post so I figured I'd go ahead and ask..
- Mike