DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dect handset drops digits on display (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122811-dect-handset-drops-digits-display.html)

[email protected] September 30th 05 12:35 PM

dect handset drops digits on display

All,

My dect handset drops it digit from the display, or it seems to clear.
I can not complete a call. no matter what digit I input from the
keypad, it will clear in 2 seconds. I thought it was the reset board.
But it is not. It will do the same with or without the reset board.

In other words I can input one digit it wil clear in 2 seconds. I can
put 7 digits it will clear from the display (LCD)

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Clueless2 October 1st 05 12:32 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a hardware or software issue?

Depends. If your phone has been working normally for a while before this
fault developed, then it is a safe bet that it is not going to be the
software, as software do not tend to change itself (especially those
residing in a ROM chip).