DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA ITC800FBK RANDOM DEAD (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122570-rca-itc800fbk-random-dead.html)

MarkC September 29th 05 01:39 AM

RCA ITC800FBK RANDOM DEAD

My first ITC800 chassis. Just got it in and bench tested it. It held up
for an hour or so then went dead (didn't see if the pic went wide before
it died) . I hear that the pincushion module can cause shutdown problems
and that there is a service bulletin for it. Could someone post the
essentials of the bulletin or post the link where I could find it. Any
tips (other than from RW) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Skype_man October 1st 05 04:27 AM

Check the pincushion correction wires (two) going from
the main board to the pincushion board on the right side
of the chassis. Solder the connections, & "slightly" pry
the pins to give a bit more tension, unless they are burn,
then cut the wires, & solder directly. Try this site. You
need a login, but you may be able to get in. Sky.

http://thomsonnetwork.com/documents/..._tech_info.htm