DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HELP W/Emerson VCR Tape Transport (Again) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/121785-help-w-emerson-vcr-tape-transport-again.html)

JR North September 22nd 05 01:08 AM

HELP W/Emerson VCR Tape Transport (Again)

Ok, It turns out the master cam gear or associated linkages are jamming
on something, or out of time. So...I need to remove the deck to disassemble.
Once again- can anyone tell me how to remove the ribbon cables from
their terminals on the board and deck?
Thanks
JR

Original post:

-- Yeah, I know...POS. Emerson VCR755. Don't want to knock myself out
here; the tuner has dropped 50% of the channels but the VCR worked fine.
Now, tape loads,FF,RW,Eject all ok; Play: tape transport arms move 90%,
retract, and the VCR shuts off. The belt is OK. I can't see the geared
idler with the tape in. Pinch roller/capstan contact, but capstan
doesn't run. Don't know if it's supposed to before tape transport
completes. The motor runs back and forth during play initiation, and the
tape does not de-spool, but ends up tensioned normally.
Seems to be a logic error; should I shoot for two at the nearest dumpster?