Johann Blaser

Default Iiyama Monitor loses settings

Hello,

my Iiyama VisionMaster 502 loses its settings very often.
I am not experienced in repairing monitors, but built some
some digital electronic devices. So, if i only have to
exchange a eeprom- or flash-chip, i can do it myself.
My question is: how certain can i be, that it is only a memory-chip?
Regards,

Johann Blaser
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Blaser
Hello,

my Iiyama VisionMaster 502 loses its settings very often.
I am not experienced in repairing monitors, but built some
some digital electronic devices. So, if i only have to
exchange a eeprom- or flash-chip, i can do it myself.
My question is: how certain can i be, that it is only a memory-chip?
Regards,

Johann Blaser
Maybe the internal battery is dead or the SuperCap is broken.

Most monitors store their settings in a little 8-pin IC on the main
board. The number on the chip begins with 24C (eg: 24C04). They are not
expensive, costing about 2 to 4 dollars. It might be worth replacing
the IC.
John

Dave D

wrote in message
oups.com...
Most monitors store their settings in a little 8-pin IC on the main
board. The number on the chip begins with 24C (eg: 24C04). They are not
expensive, costing about 2 to 4 dollars. It might be worth replacing
the IC.
John

Don't they also contain the monitor's firmware?

Dave

inti2

Johann Blaser ha scritto:

Hello,

my Iiyama VisionMaster 502 loses its settings very often.
I am not experienced in repairing monitors, but built some
some digital electronic devices. So, if i only have to
exchange a eeprom- or flash-chip, i can do it myself.
My question is: how certain can i be, that it is only a memory-chip?

100% :-) all the monitors i worked on have a memory, a 24Cxx Serial EEPROM
... try to change this... other causes maybe
1) Overvoltages in electric line
2) EHT transformer loss

I.
Regards,