cherry6905

Default 1996 Mitsubishi VS-5043 50" Big Screen TV - wavey lines

Hello my Tv has sound but no picture. Many wavey lines like a gyroscope
appear. Occasionaly the picture comes in and stays but more often it does
not. Any suggestions what this maybe and possible problem and cosst to
fix?
Thanks

JANA

There may be many capacitors in the power supply and scan amplifier sections
that have become off value from age and use. You may find it more feasible
to get a new set, considering the age of your set.

--

JANA
_____

"cherry6905" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
Hello my Tv has sound but no picture. Many wavey lines like a gyroscope
appear. Occasionaly the picture comes in and stays but more often it does
not. Any suggestions what this maybe and possible problem and cosst to
fix?
Thanks

James Sweet

"cherry6905" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
Hello my Tv has sound but no picture. Many wavey lines like a gyroscope
appear. Occasionaly the picture comes in and stays but more often it does
not. Any suggestions what this maybe and possible problem and cosst to
fix?
Thanks

How was the picture before it started acting up? If it was still good, get a
tech to look at it, probably a couple hundred bucks to have it fixed, not
much you can do yourself unless you've got some experience with TV repair.

Yes those pesky 100uF jobs near the 78XX series regulators right before
your eyes when you take the back off. May check good with ESR meter.

Of course these arent going to be the only ones bad. A tech would pay
attention to any lytics near the HOT and HVOT draiver transformers and
of course the 100uF in the vertical.

Of course if the OP hasn't done service, it's best to send it in. About
$200 or so later you get the set back all tuned up with the picture
looking like new. I have yet to see a CRT failure on a VSXX43,44 or 45
series.

These sets are also prone to coolant leaks and quite a few techs I know
of install gutters. It looks ugly, but when the coolant does leak, at
least you don't have to spend hours cleaning the PC boards. I forget if
these sets are the VZ9 or whatever series, but looking at the newer
sets, I like them more and more.

JURB

inti2

cherry6905 ha scritto:

Hello my Tv has sound but no picture. Many wavey lines like a gyroscope
appear. Occasionaly the picture comes in and stays but more often it does
not. Any suggestions what this maybe and possible problem and cosst to
fix?

Is this a retro-projection set ? If yes... can you repair it by yourself
or you want it fixed by a repairshop ?

I.

--
I.

Leonard Caillouet

Likely a bad capacitor in one of the low voltage supplies. Unless you have
some experience with these and the right test equipment and a schematic, you
will likely chase your tail. Typically see a few bad caps with high ESR or
DA in this model.

Leonard