M. Dimitri

Default KV-27EXR25

Greetings:

I have an old Sony KV-27EXR25 tv and about a year ago I took it to the
repair shop because it simply ceased to work completely. No sound & no
picture. They replaced the "horizontal deflection" they said, and it
cost me $170. However, the set came back not quite the same, a little
too bright. With the exception of occasional sparking every now and
then it worked OK And now it has an intermittent picture problem. That
is, when I first turn it on the picture comes on and off as if you just
woke up a very heavy sleeper who keeps blinking his eyes due to serious
partying the night before. This blinking slows down considerably when
the set warms up but returns when bright colors are dispalyed. Also,
the yellow and red colors seem to be smeared and excessive.

Any idea what might be causing this. Any help you provide is much
appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

Mike Dimitri

Rono

The Technician MAY have the flyback G2 screen control too
high, but may have had to, in order to get the "blinking CRT"
to stop. You CRT MAY be bad. Common to some Sony
T.V.'s. Rono.

inti2

M. Dimitri ha scritto:

Greetings:

I have an old Sony KV-27EXR25 tv and about a year ago I took it to the
repair shop because it simply ceased to work completely. No sound & no
picture. They replaced the "horizontal deflection" they said, and it
cost me $170. However, the set came back not quite the same, a little

ROTFL horizontal deflection is a stage included in the main board and
simply can't be replaced at all.

too bright. With the exception of occasional sparking every now and
then it worked OK And now it has an intermittent picture problem. That
is, when I first turn it on the picture comes on and off as if you just
woke up a very heavy sleeper who keeps blinking his eyes due to serious
partying the night before. This blinking slows down considerably when
the set warms up but returns when bright colors are dispalyed. Also,
the yellow and red colors seem to be smeared and excessive.

Any idea what might be causing this. Any help you provide is much
appreciated in advance.

G2 too high.

I.

--
I.

Leonard Caillouet

The CRT on this set is likely weak and the shop turned the G@ up to get it
to display a pix. Sparking is probably arcing at the CRT. The only hope
for it if this is the case is possible restoration by a shop with the right
equipment. Likely not a keeper.

Leonard