Mike C

Default Hitachi C1719T TV with power(?) problems

Folks,

My daughter has a Hitachi model C1719T TV receiver with a problem. Nothing
appears on the screen - it remains completely black. There's no sound
either. I don't know if this screen has a cold cathode (do you get such TV
tubes?), but I can't see any
heater coming on, and I can't find any voltage around the tube base. The
two numbers on this Philips tube are : A41EAM11X01 / TL2D063401. The set
generates UHT, because I hear it whistle momentarily when the power is
switched off.

Although I fixed my own TV several years ago (thanks to a Canadian guy
called Sam - can't remember his surname - who was a regular contributor to
the group!), I don't know much outside of the theory of TV's, and when I
look at the board, I don't know enough to recognise where the various
circuit elements are - and I don't have a
schematic for it.

With the back of the board towards me and the components on the top, the
mains cable comes in on the left side, with a fuse just beside it (not
blown), but I can't even find the rectifier. Is it a 4-pin chip, or does it
use discrete diodes? Is it near to the mains cable and the fuse? It would
make sense!

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

--
WARNING: My e-mail return address is bogus to confuse the automated spam
address gatherers.

Art

Suggest checking he H-Output device and post some actual voltage readings
you have made while diagnosing. The slight squeal may just be the SMPS
system shutting down and not the LOPT. Probably not related to the CRT but
more likely either power supply or deflection/HV related.
"Mike C" wrote in message
[...]

Mike C

Thanks very much, Rono,

There's a fault listed on the same TV model on one of the links you gave,
with the same basic symptom = "Dead". They call out a capacitor. It's a
long shot (well, a medium-range shot, perhaps), but I'll check it.

All the Best,

Mike.

"Rono" wrote in message
Likely the flyback transformer, but look he

http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/tel...h/hitachi1.htm

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/repair_t...tachi_003.html

Mike C

Thanks Art, but I think you're assuming a knowledge of TV's rather more than
I have.
It's difficult to take voltage readings without being able to identify the
component groups that I'm measuring! Even on the systems I work on
(mainframe-attached RAID arrays), I need a schematic, so in a TV, with which
I am completely unfamiliar, I just don't know my way around enough to do it
without one.

I think another contributor just may have offered something that may help,
however.

Thanks for taking the time.

Mike.

"Mike C" wrote in message
[...]

Hitachi Ultravision Model 50UX26B Intermittent Power Shut Down Angela D'Andrea Electronics Repair 5 February 21st 06 02:31 PM
Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
Hitachi power problem persists [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 January 27th 05 11:25 AM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory The Photographer Electronics Repair 0 June 3rd 04 11:40 PM