Default NAP PTV 5/6/7XX flybacks

Just a heads up. You CAN replace a 364071-6 with a -7, I have now done
it. It came out perfect, no picture size differences, no geometry
problems and since the set has a full blown isolated SMPS there should
be absolutley no safety problem.

There was apparently a big problem getting the -6 so I didn't think,
and told them just get me a -7, since it replaced the -5 and -4 I
think, and who knows what else. The -6 is a bit of an oddball though.

Upon further investigation I found that sets using the -6 version have
a bit of a different HV distribution scheme. Originally my words were
"the dash seven replaces the rest, so just get me one of them" Big
mistake ??????

OK I discovered that the -7 has more to it, but I reported to the
powers that be that it had MORE pins, not LESS, so there is hope.

The extra pin on the flyback, you ground. Whatever wire that went there
goes to the same circuit point, easiest way is to remove the jumper
below and just solder the wire in. Don't ground the wire, but do ground
the flyback pin, it can be done with a solder bridge easily if you
examine the board. Of course you do squinch those holddowns and pull
them off, but no other modifications are necessary.

In these sets, HV feedback is not provided by the flyback and therefore
regulation need not be tampered with. The set came on with normal
raster size and convegence was close. Once customer convergence was set
it was good. Within two raster lines all the way to the edges. Inside
of 1", perfect, easily within one raster line. This means HV regulation
was not upset. (there would be red and blue vert line errors at the
sides)

To sum it up, the wire goes to the same circuit point as it did, but
where it was connected is covered by the flyback, just disconnect it
and move it. I decided to ground the extra pin of the flyback in case
it was an open ended feedback resistor.

JURB

I have more part #'s for that one:

NAP (Philips/Magnavox) had lots of problems with those white colored
flyback transformers, all of these have the same part #'s:

PCB location:T900

Philips Generic # 364071-1
Philips Generic # 364071-4
Philips Generic # 364071-5