DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   switch mode psu trips out (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/118518-switch-mode-psu-trips-out.html)

Tom August 26th 05 03:33 PM

switch mode psu trips out

I have a 3.6A Acbel psu that powers a tft monitor drawing 2A.

The psu trips out when the load is applied, if I disconnect it from the
mains and try again a few times it will usually come on and stay on all day.

I guess the over current protector is faulty. Is there a simple way to
repair it or disable the over current protection, or should I buy a new PSU?

Thanks
Tom

--

apax63 'at' dsl 'dot' pipex 'dot' com

[email protected] August 26th 05 04:23 PM

Tom:
If you can't... or don't want to have it fixed, by all means, buy a
new PSU.... and hope that there is not a problem in your monitor that
is causing it to draw too much power.
If you want to do repairs you will need to open things up and perform
some basic technical troubleshooting, componint testing, and provide
meter readings so you can post some pertinent information, then maybe
you can obtain some useful repair suggestions.
electricitym
,
,