Tom

Default switch mode psu trips out

I have a 3.6A Acbel psu that powers a tft monitor drawing 2A.

The psu trips out when the load is applied, if I disconnect it from the
mains and try again a few times it will usually come on and stay on all day.

I guess the over current protector is faulty. Is there a simple way to
repair it or disable the over current protection, or should I buy a new PSU?

Thanks
Tom

--

apax63 'at' dsl 'dot' pipex 'dot' com

Tom:
If you can't... or don't want to have it fixed, by all means, buy a
new PSU.... and hope that there is not a problem in your monitor that
is causing it to draw too much power.
If you want to do repairs you will need to open things up and perform
some basic technical troubleshooting, componint testing, and provide
meter readings so you can post some pertinent information, then maybe
you can obtain some useful repair suggestions.
electricitym
,
,

Fan Switch Replacement, what is a "Light Kit"? blakesq Home Repair 4 January 2nd 05 05:04 PM
Are PC surge protectors needed in the UK? greywolf42 Electronics Repair 82 July 13th 04 11:37 AM
help selecting a manual transfer switch wahzoo Home Repair 13 December 13th 03 01:50 AM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 17 December 8th 03 10:57 PM
Binary numbering and how to teach a moron BigWallop UK diy 98 October 21st 03 09:28 PM