Ancient_Hacker

Default 68000 logic analyzer

Recalcitrant hardware. Gotta fix it. It has a 8MHz Motorola 68000 in
it.

Any suggestions as to good logic analyzers with 68000 suport?
Budget is kinda tight.

Regards,

george

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article .com, grg2
@comcast.net says...

Recalcitrant hardware. Gotta fix it. It has a 8MHz Motorola 68000 in
it.

Any suggestions as to good logic analyzers with 68000 suport?
Budget is kinda tight.

Older hardware calls for older test equipment. You can probably
find a Tektronix 1240 series on Greed-Bay, or at a ham radio swap meet,
with minimal effort.

After that, it's a simple matter to get hold of the EPROM images
to make the 68000 mnemonics ROM Pack.

Keep the peace(es).

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Ancient_Hacker

thanks Sqeeg. I have a Tek 1240 lined up, but I did a web search for
variations of "68000 pm203 tek* personality module" and no luck.

Any hints as to where one might find this software ( legally would be
nice ) ?

Thanks,

George

Mark Zenier

In article .com,
Ancient_Hacker wrote:
Recalcitrant hardware. Gotta fix it. It has a 8MHz Motorola 68000 in
it.

Any suggestions as to good logic analyzers with 68000 suport?
Budget is kinda tight.

I'd go for a HP 1630D (or 1630G). I spent many an hour poking into
68k stuff with one. But that was 20 years ago, with the CPU DIP cable,
the probe adaptor box, and the disassembler (on a micro-cassette).

See if you can find a G with disk and software.

Mark Zenier

JW

On 24 Aug 2005 10:10:07 -0700 "Ancient_Hacker" wrote in
Message id: .com:

Recalcitrant hardware. Gotta fix it. It has a 8MHz Motorola 68000 in
it.

Any suggestions as to good logic analyzers with 68000 suport?
Budget is kinda tight.

If you're just looking to repair hardware and don't need true emulation
with breakpoints and all, I'd suggest a Fluke 9010 with a 68000 pod.
Figure it'd cost you about $500 to $600 or so on ebay.

John Robertson

On 2005-08-24 10:10:07 -0700, "Ancient_Hacker" said:

Recalcitrant hardware. Gotta fix it. It has a 8MHz Motorola 68000 in
it.

Any suggestions as to good logic analyzers with 68000 suport?
Budget is kinda tight.

Regards,

george

Fluke 9010A with the 68000 pod will do the trick - not a logic
analyzer, rather a CPU exorcisor (in most respects. I sell these
(blush) and use them all the time in my shop...have the technical
manuals on disc as well.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call