Seventh Prince

Default Update on Palm M505 Fried during Blackout

Hi,

I have removed the battery from M505 and charged it on the cradle.
Still the palm could not be powered on.

mike

Seventh Prince wrote:
Hi,

I have removed the battery from M505 and charged it on the cradle.
Still the palm could not be powered on.

Just curious as to how you charged the removed battery on the cradle?
What is your definition of charged? What was the battery voltage at the
end of the charge cycle?

Sometimes a PDA is just broke...
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

Seventh Prince

Just curious as to how you charged the removed battery on the cradle?
What is your definition of charged? What was the battery voltage at the
end of the charge cycle.

Sorry what I meant was I charged the palm M505 (without the internal
battery) on the cradle. This is just a test to see whether the palm
could be turned on direct power.

It could not be powered on.

mike

Seventh Prince wrote:
Just curious as to how you charged the removed battery on the cradle?
What is your definition of charged? What was the battery voltage at the
end of the charge cycle.

Sorry what I meant was I charged the palm M505 (without the internal
battery) on the cradle.

Without the internal battery, what was being "charged"???

This is just a test to see whether the palm
could be turned on direct power.

You proved that there's not enough peak current from the charger to
start the system. Not sure that means anything. It might...but might not.

What was the battery voltage when it was out of the system?

When you had it apart, did you look for fuses? Probably somewhere near
the connector and more near where the battery connects...maybe on the
backside...who knows. Just look for surface mount fuses.

Plug the battery back on. Measure the voltage. Apply charging power.
Does the battery voltage go up slightly with the charger connected?
mike

It could not be powered on.

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

七少爷Seventh Prince

Thanks for the advise, Mike