DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Troubleshoot monitor problem ? - Dcp02242.jpg (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/115277-troubleshoot-monitor-problem-dcp02242-jpg-0-1-a.html)

[email protected] August 1st 05 04:23 AM

Troubleshoot monitor problem ? - Dcp02242.jpg (0/1)

Any advice on troubleshooting this hideous monitor problem. It seems
to see double. The model is a 21" Sony/Sun 5010PT. The OSD doesn't
double like the screen which makes me think it can still be saved. I
have it in pieces and if anybody has some repair advice I would
appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave

[email protected] August 1st 05 04:42 AM

Just a hint, this is not a binary newsgroup.
Either post a link to a web page for the picture, or post the binary
newgroup where you posted the image.

Franc Zabkar August 1st 05 08:42 AM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:23:43 -0400, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Any advice on troubleshooting this hideous monitor problem. It seems
to see double. The model is a 21" Sony/Sun 5010PT. The OSD doesn't
double like the screen which makes me think it can still be saved. I
have it in pieces and if anybody has some repair advice I would
appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave

I can't see your pic, but does your monitor have little daughter PCBs
attached to one of two large vertically mounted boards? If so, and if
the symptom is "vertical double imaging", then replace the caps on the
affected daughter board. A scope should show a train of vertical
parabolas alternating in amplitude from small to large to small to
large, etc.

- Franc Zabkar

Wayne August 1st 05 02:47 PM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:23:43 -0400, wrote:

Any advice on troubleshooting this hideous monitor problem. It seems
to see double. The model is a 21" Sony/Sun 5010PT. The OSD doesn't
double like the screen which makes me think it can still be saved. I
have it in pieces and if anybody has some repair advice I would
appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave

The 5010PT is a Sony N3 chassis - the number one failure is IC007
CXA2043Q which results in many deflection related faults. The least
expensive source I've found for this IC is Pacific Semiconductors
http://pacificsemi.com/search.php

Wayne