Waybel

Default Panasonic Camcorder pvl-354

I recently bought a Panasonic pvl-354 camcorder on Ebay from a guy who said
it was working fine but needed a charger.It came with a battery but it was
dead.I tried it with just a 6 volt dc adapter and all it does is show a
white light in the viewfinder and it makes a clicking sound that appears to
be coming from the front of the camera.Nothing else is working ,no lcd
,eject button won't open tape door.Anyone have any idea what may be wrong
with this.Thanks in advance.

Ken Weitzel

Waybel wrote:

I recently bought a Panasonic pvl-354 camcorder on Ebay from a guy who said
it was working fine but needed a charger.It came with a battery but it was
dead.I tried it with just a 6 volt dc adapter and all it does is show a
white light in the viewfinder and it makes a clicking sound that appears to
be coming from the front of the camera.Nothing else is working ,no lcd
,eject button won't open tape door.Anyone have any idea what may be wrong
with this.Thanks in advance.

Hi Waybel...

Tell us more about the adapter that you're trying to use...

Ken

Ken Weitzel

Waybel wrote:

Just a regular universal ac/dc adapter from wallmart that varies from 3 to
12 volts current 500 ma

Hi...

Kinda what I was suspicious of, but hoping not to hear

Half an amp at 6 volts is only 3 watts; not *nearly* enough
to run your camera.

Suggestion would be that you search for a used or inexpensive
charger (maybe with a new battery too) or see if you can't
find someone nearby who'll lend you one for a quick charge or
perhaps charge your battery up for you for a test first

Take care.

Ken