Thirsty

Default time to ask for help

thanks to a nearby lightning strike, my Akai CFT2791 tv lost
a diode and a fd fuse which eliminated all sound.

i have not been able to cross match the diode which has the
markings K0228 F10U20S. maybe this is a foreign component.
does anyone know of a US replacement?

also, the markings on the PCB indicates the fuse is a FD.
i have not found an abbreviation for FD. the PCB indicates
this is a 125v 10 amp fuse, but what does FD mean? and where
do i find a US replacement?

TIA

Ken Weitzel

Thirsty wrote:

thanks to a nearby lightning strike, my Akai CFT2791 tv lost
a diode and a fd fuse which eliminated all sound.

i have not been able to cross match the diode which has the
markings K0228 F10U20S. maybe this is a foreign component.
does anyone know of a US replacement?

also, the markings on the PCB indicates the fuse is a FD.
i have not found an abbreviation for FD. the PCB indicates
this is a 125v 10 amp fuse, but what does FD mean? and where
do i find a US replacement?

TIA

Hi Thirsty...

The diode is made by Fairchild, if that helps at all...

http://www.fairchildsemi.com.tw/site...w=&x=34&y =10

Just in case that line was too long; here it is again broken for you...

http://www.fairchildsemi.com.tw/site...&attr1=F10U20S
&attr2=&t=0&i=sitemap+id&ia=1&text=F10U20S&as=1&re nder=1&w=&x=34&y=10

And the only references I see referring to FD and fuse in the
same breath is the other kinda fuse... ignition, or detonation
fuses. Sure that the D isn't a poorly printed B (Fast Blow) ?

Ken

Thirsty

woooeee, thank you ken, for the diode info, I don't know why they
printed the K0228 first on the diode, but that is what misled me.

and about the fuse, definitely printed as "FD801S".

Ken Weitzel wrote:

Hi Thirsty...

The diode is made by Fairchild, if that helps at all...

http://www.fairchildsemi.com.tw/site...w=&x=34&y =10

Just in case that line was too long; here it is again broken for you...

http://www.fairchildsemi.com.tw/site...&attr1=F10U20S
&attr2=&t=0&i=sitemap+id&ia=1&text=F10U20S&as=1&re nder=1&w=&x=34&y=10

And the only references I see referring to FD and fuse in the
same breath is the other kinda fuse... ignition, or detonation
fuses. Sure that the D isn't a poorly printed B (Fast Blow) ?

Ken

Inty

"Thirsty" ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
woooeee, thank you ken, for the diode info, I don't know why they
printed the K0228 first on the diode, but that is what misled me.

If this diode is one of the bridge rectifier change all four diodes.

and about the fuse, definitely printed as "FD801S".

Test with a 10A 125VAC fuse !

I.

There is not way in a 27" tv in the US market that it has a 10 amp fuse
in it.
At most on the AC line input it would have something like a 4A slo-blo
give or take a little.
On the B+ side to the deflection stage, most use a 1.6amp or 1.0amp
depending on the efficiency of the horizontal output stage.

A 10 amp is not even in the ballpark of anything I have ever seen in
any 27" (or any sized crt based tv) size tv set made in the last 15 or
more years.