David Hamilton

Default Sony DVD 300 disk repair

This is a mini-DVD camcorder. I have one disk that can no longer be
read by the camera. Does anyone have any idea how to retrieve the
information on the disk? This first happened when I tried to record
when the battery was low. Everything froze. I haven't been able to
find a source for repair of the disk. The camera works fine after
recharging the battery and using a new disk.

Jerry G.

The data stream on the disk most likely has been damaged. This is in
the same manner as when there is damage done while making CD and DVD
disks with a computer. If there is no proper file header and disk boot
sectors, the disk will be "scrap". There would be no way to have
reference to the data stream that is on the media.

Jerry G.