Jason D.

Default Understanding the Sharp's TV typical main switching regulator design.

CN27S30 and other sharp's design.

Anybody who is famillar with Sharp's typical twin transistor chopper
regulator can explain the theory of operation about it?

This one switching in and out pair of coils wound around the exposed
flyback transformer's core, said two windings tied together on one end
from B+ supply? This one with 9 pin SIP IC, two transistors, two
coils, few resistors, and some caps.

This one I'm working on has shorted HOT, pair of this transistor
choppers shorted, fuse open (not violently). TV died during power
loss according to customer.

I tested the chassis for any reaction after disconnecting HOT and pair
of choppers, new fuse. The micro is working and I have 15.7KHz pulses
on B of the H. transistor driver. Anything in parts I should replace
besides the pair of transistors, HOT and fuse? I checked resistors
and they're normal.

Just wanted to understand their unique sharp's designs better.

Thanks & cheers, Wizard