Kokkiklhs

Default Sony KV2032ME TV problem - Help!!

Hi all!
Just got for free a super Sony KV 2032 ME television, in pristine
(outside) condition but I have a little problem...
This is an early 80's model with an excellent receiver, brilliant tube
(one of the first Trinitrons) and SECAM support, to play back some of
my old videotapes!
The TV mentioned here, starts very well, but the picture is
blue-purplish and blur, even though the indicator shows PAL reception,
seems like a kind of confusion between the automatic PAL/SECAM
selector! The sound is fine and I fiddled around with the R-G-B knobs
inside, and with the FOCUS/PICTURE ones, but no luck at all... No way
to get rid of this situations, even if I try to reduce to minimum the
RED and BLUE trimmers inside, or the COLOR knob on the front panel!
Whatever I do, I get more or less intense blue/purple and more or less
blur picture! There are also some fine white horizontal stripes in
every 2cm of the screen, but I believe this has nothing to do with the
above!
I have no great experience with TV repair, if anyone has faced a
similar situation, please give me a hint!
Stig

Hi
Blue screen with white lines (retrace lines?) could be a CRT short. Check
between blue cathode and ground on the back of CRT neck.....even if its not
totaly blue, it could be a beginning short, then you would also get white
retrace lines.....although they should be more than 2cm apart......
Stig

"Kokkiklhs" skrev i melding
om...
[...]

Kokkiklhs

"Stig" wrote in message ...
Hi
Blue screen with white lines (retrace lines?) could be a CRT short. Check
between blue cathode and ground on the back of CRT neck.....even if its not
totaly blue, it could be a beginning short, then you would also get white
retrace lines.....although they should be more than 2cm apart......
Stig

Thanks very much for this advice :-)
Unfortunately for me, everything seems to be OK up there...
A pity, this is the hell of a TV, even though it has not stereo sound
or SCART I/O. I wish that such TV set were being built nowadays..!
Any other ideas??