DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   coby television? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/111665-coby-television.html)

[email protected] July 6th 05 09:21 PM

coby television?

I've been seeing listings for Coby brand of 5 1/2 in. color tv sets. I
can't find them rated in Consumer Reports, or even on the internet, for
that matter.

Does anyone reading this know about Coby? How is the quality of their
product?

All info welcomed! Aaron

sofie July 6th 05 09:41 PM

Coby = POS = peice of s--t.
The worst "china" crap ever imported.
You get about what you pay for.... in this case, even less.
You buy cheap, you get cheap.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

oups.com...

JANA July 6th 05 10:33 PM

I would not go near to that brand...

--

JANA
_____

oups.com...

culfan July 7th 05 01:36 AM

I see tons of those little AC/DC 5" color TVs made by Emerson, GE, etc for
next to nothing at flea markets and swap meets.

oups.com...

James Sweet July 7th 05 04:04 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been seeing listings for Coby brand of 5 1/2 in. color tv sets. I
can't find them rated in Consumer Reports, or even on the internet, for
that matter.

Does anyone reading this know about Coby? How is the quality of their
product?

All info welcomed! Aaron

Chances are it's junk, probably made in China.

sofie July 7th 05 05:54 PM

It is worse than junk. Some "China" stuff can be OK
but this is the worst of the worst.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Bennett Price July 7th 05 05:56 PM

I recently bought a 5" BW/AM/FM set. AM/FM are OK; sound on TV
acceptable after a 5 minute warmup. Yes, it's junk but about what I
expected for $18. It costs too much to ship it back for warranty repair
of the sound - I just have to wait for it to warm up.