DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CT169 board :) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/111283-ct169-board.html)

Ken Weitzel July 1st 05 09:59 PM

CT169 board :)

Hi Guys...

Hey, happy, happy, happy. :)

Got it; works like a charm. Well, not me actually -
couldn't find the 26v test point; little one was looking
for it, and she found that too much solder is really too
much. Aren't you supposed to solder everything together? :)

Removed the bridge and away we went :)

And somehow the intermittent vertical went away too - been
running for a couple of hours without a problem (though it's
still not re-assembled, so... )

Just one tiny un-important thing left... didn't get a
remote with it - does anyone have any idea of which of
the walmart generics will be most compatible? Oops,
yet one more. What's parental lock, and how do I switch
it? (though I probably want it on anyway)

Thanks so so much everyone for your help, advice, and
encouragement. Really appreciated!

Take care.

Ken

Tom MacIntyre July 2nd 05 01:48 PM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:59:29 GMT, Ken Weitzel
wrote:

Hi Guys...

Hey, happy, happy, happy. :)

Got it; works like a charm. Well, not me actually -
couldn't find the 26v test point; little one was looking
for it, and she found that too much solder is really too
much. Aren't you supposed to solder everything together? :)

Removed the bridge and away we went :)

And somehow the intermittent vertical went away too - been
running for a couple of hours without a problem (though it's
still not re-assembled, so... )

Just one tiny un-important thing left... didn't get a
remote with it - does anyone have any idea of which of
the walmart generics will be most compatible? Oops,
yet one more. What's parental lock, and how do I switch
it? (though I probably want it on anyway)

I can't say for sure, but I'd be very surprised if an RCA universal
remote didn't work for most functions.

Glad to hear you're back up and running...the 169 is a nice chassis.
:-)

Tom