Ricky Eck

Default Hello all. Been a while...

Greetings to all, once again.
Well, have an interesting problem. Got a RCA 27V530T here at the
house, and I having problems with it. Though I would throw the symptoms up
here, and see if any of you may know what the problem is. There has been a
progression of problems, but I will try to describe them the best I can.
First of all the TV is just out of the part warrantee (1 year old).

Ok, here is my setup in a nut shell. I have the PS2 on the front Video
Input. The DVD is plugged into the Component Video (Y, Pb, Pr), the Sat.
dish is plugged into the S-Video, and the VCR is running into the 300 Ohm
Coax (The 300 Ohm from he Dish is also running into the VCR, so we can
record if we wish)

Now, about 3 months ago, we noticed that when we switched the inputs (Like
from S-video to Front AV jacks, with the remote. Not actually pulling the
cables), we would get a screen that was kinda like a scrambled movie on
cable TV. We used to just turn it off, and back on, and it would come on
perfect, till we switched it to another input, where once again, we turned
the TV off. But as it progressed, it took longer for it to "Clear Up".
Otherwise we would have to turn the TV off longer. Then about two or three
weeks ago, I was home on vacation, and watching TV, and the screen went
black and white. Crisp clean picture but black and white. I thought it was
the Sat. But it was working good on other TVs here in the house. Now,
since then the TV will turn black and white a lot during the day. And the
only way to clear it up is to turn it off for a while and then turn it back
on. Here is the think that is stumping me. If we watch the Sat on Ch. 3
(300 ohm), it can go HOURS before it turns black and white. But then when
we turn it back on, it is all scrambled. We have to turn the TV off for 1/2
hour or more. Sometimes we try to experiment and unplug it. But the funny
thing is, if we are running the PS2 Or DVD or Sat on S-Video, it may last an
hour maybe two. Here is an example of the past two days. Today, I had the
TV on from about 12:00 pm to about 5 PM and it finally turned black and
white (During the race of all things). But last night playing my PS2, the
TV went black and white in 20 minutes from turning the TV on.

So with that all said, any Ideas? I am thinking a Cold Joint, but not sure,
figure I would throw this out there, and see, before opening it up. If it
was still under warrantee I would just take it back. But it isn't, so here
I am.

Well, thanks in advance,

Rick
Remove "2" to email back

Jamie

Ricky Eck wrote:

[...]

i would start by checking Relays and solder joints.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5