Mike

Default Pioneer XV-HTD510 drawer help

The disc drawer opens then shuts and I'm not able to puit a DVD in it or
get one out. Sometimes it works but mostly it doeasn't work correctly.

I had a Sharp DVD player and it did the same thing years ago so someone
must know of a fix.

Thanks

Mike

Jerry G.

There is no support from the manufactures for service for these drives.
They are considered disposable, especialy when considering value of the
labour cost, and the setup to be able to service these.

The only thing you can do for yourself, is to open the drive unit, and
see if there is anything that you can mechanicaly fix yourself.

If you have some basic service skills, you can look to see if there are
any loose connections, or if something is mechanicaly jaming., or if
there are any visible cold solder connections.

Jerry G.
======

Mike

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:12:22 -0400, Mike wrote:

The disc drawer opens then shuts and I'm not able to puit a DVD in it or
get one out. Sometimes it works but mostly it doeasn't work correctly.

I had a Sharp DVD player and it did the same thing years ago so someone
must know of a fix.

Thanks

Mike

I should let it be known that this is a home theater system that's about 3
yrs old.

Mark D. Zacharias

"Mike" wrote in message
news
The disc drawer opens then shuts and I'm not able to puit a DVD in it or
get one out. Sometimes it works but mostly it doeasn't work correctly.

I had a Sharp DVD player and it did the same thing years ago so someone
must know of a fix.

Thanks

Mike

DO_NOT_PAY_ANY_ ATTENTION to Jerry G's useless generic advice.

Yours is a home theater dvd-receiver, not a 5 1/4 form factor dvd drive for
a computer.

It is EASILY fixed by a knowledgeable technician. In your particular case,
there is a noisy switch underneath the drawer. It can be cleaned or replaced
by a KNOWLEDGEABLE technician.

It is NOT a doit-yourself job for most people.

Mark Z.

drawers leonard Woodworking 11 June 20th 05 05:14 PM
CD player drawer malfunction jack morantz Electronics Repair 2 October 29th 04 01:49 PM
Position of holes in Ikea drawer fronts David Micklem UK diy 3 March 3rd 04 06:55 PM
Question about building a drawer Melissa Home Repair 5 January 2nd 04 06:38 PM
Question about building a drawer Melissa Woodworking 5 January 2nd 04 06:24 PM