Peter Orban

Default Yamaha R3 receiver schematics

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the schematics for the above radio.
I picked up a unit in as is condition at a garage sale. One channel is
distorted, and the other channel gets distorted in about 4-5 minutes of
operation. I have not made any measurements yet, but the protection
circuit does not cut out the speakers.

Thanks, Peter

Mark D. Zacharias

"Peter Orban" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the schematics for the above radio.
I picked up a unit in as is condition at a garage sale. One channel is
distorted, and the other channel gets distorted in about 4-5 minutes of
operation. I have not made any measurements yet, but the protection
circuit does not cut out the speakers.

Thanks, Peter

The first thing(s) to look at would be possible bad solder connections, and
cleaning any mechanical-type controls and switches. Farther down the list
might be flat-pack type output transistors developing open B-E junctions.
This is fairly common on some models, but I haven't seen it on the Yamaha's.

Mark Z.