Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Washing machine problem...help would be appreciated!

My 12 year old Maytag (Model LAT8034AAE) just stopped working. It
filled with water and then stopped. The timer does not advance but the
light comes on. I replaced the timer less than a year ago (different
symptom then).

So, it is full of water, and no matter what I do it will not turn on
although the light does stay on even when the lid is in the upright
position.

Any idea what it might be?

Could it be that the switch died in mid-action? Again, it did know to
fill with water before it stopped.

Thanks!