DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone maintain pro fluid panheads? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/110459-anyone-maintain-pro-fluid-panheads.html)

JT June 21st 05 07:14 AM

Anyone maintain pro fluid panheads?

It's hardly sci.electronics, but this group seems more likely - has
anyone done and significant teardown/lubricate on professional video
"fluid" heads, e.g. Bogen/Manfrotto?
-----------------

Ask over at rec.video.production
There'll be someone there that'll have the infoyou need.

spudnuty June 23rd 05 07:15 AM

I worked at Helix Ltd in Chicago for a while. Don't remember Bogens so
much. Mostly OConners, Miller, I remember it took special spanners to
dissasemble then and on the larger ones the centering springs could be
very dangerous.
Is it leaking? The OConners were notorious for this. Silicone oil? If
they got bad we'd send them back to the factory.