Rono

Default To nvic!!

The JVC Projo will manually converge perfectly, &
save the info into the EEPROM! But, if you "auto
converge", or "Super Focus", the left side of the
screen will "mis-converge". I'm waiting to hear
back from JVC Canada! The knowledgeable
guy I talked with had no idea what to do, as
I have tried everything! Rono.

From my old notes on the Hitachi Magic Focus system:
1. Are all the sensors clean?
2. Have any of the sensors moved?
3. Is the H and V size exactly to factory specification? (if size is
off, the auto converge will not work)
4. If the sensors plug in, did you physically remove the left sensors
and plug them into the other side of the screen? Then if the problem
moved, move the sensors back one at a time.
5. Finally you need to verify each sensor output at the convergence
module.

Most common issue we ever saw was #1 and #3. People would get into
service mode and adjust in the overscan. The set has to overscan a
very specific amount in order for the magic focus to work.

A technican error was to forget to do the magic focus initialization
after manually converging the set. The magic focus has to initialize
the proper convergence values and this must be performed after any
manual service mode convergence adjustments.