Tim Schwartz

Default Onkyo TX-DS797 - no digital ins.

Hello all,

I've got an Onkyo TX-DS797 here with a complaint of 'no output'. Well,
it works ok with the internal tuner, or an analog input, but not the
digital inputs. If you connect a CD player to the coax input, the
display shows "PCM DIGITAL" which goes out if you pull the coax cable,
so the unit at least knows there is a signal there, but no audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Mark D. Zacharias

Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

I've got an Onkyo TX-DS797 here with a complaint of 'no output'.
Well, it works ok with the internal tuner, or an analog input, but
not the digital inputs. If you connect a CD player to the coax
input, the display shows "PCM DIGITAL" which goes out if you pull the
coax cable, so the unit at least knows there is a signal there, but
no audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Just a thought..... I've seen several lately, including Onkyo's, where
resoldering the large postage-stamps on the DSP board brought them around.
It's tedious, but it might be worth a try. I'll hit it with a heat gun
first - if is starts working after a bit I know I'm on the right track.

Mark Z.