Michael Fiedler

Default GE Transistor P15063

I am trying to fix a friend's guitar amplifier. He has a blown P15063
transistor (labeled GE) . It looks like a TO-202 case, except it
doesn't have a hole in the heat sink. The transistor is obviously
obsolete, as I can't find it in the NTE/ECG cross lists. Any other
places I can look for a sub?
Thanks for any help,
Mike
NSM

"Michael Fiedler" wrote in message
I am trying to fix a friend's guitar amplifier. He has a blown P15063
transistor (labeled GE) . It looks like a TO-202 case, except it
doesn't have a hole in the heat sink. The transistor is obviously
obsolete, as I can't find it in the NTE/ECG cross lists. Any other
places I can look for a sub?
Thanks for any help,
Mike

When in doubt, if all else fails, figure out if it's PNP or NPN and try
something that fits. Measure the voltage and current while it still works
and then you'll have a guide to a better choice if it blows. Don't get too
hung up on other factors. An exact replacement is nice but working is
working.