Lanzar

Default Is this a 100Hz artefact?

Hi!

On my Sony 29" 100Hz (KV-X2993E) television i see some brighter bars
scrolling across the screen. This is most visible when watching DVD,
and the bars stops in position when i pause the movie. The bars aren't
visible in every scenes and they follows the contain of the picture.
Is some kind of artefact of the 100Hz process, or is my tv
mailfuctioning?

Lanzar

It seems to have it with all devices, and whit its own tuner too. It
can also be seen sometimes besides the OSD-menu , but it is most
visible with the RGB signal from the DVD player. I have tried the DVD
player on another set and it worked fine. I have also tried another
DVD player but the problem remained...

Lanzar wrote:
Hi!

On my Sony 29" 100Hz (KV-X2993E) television i see some brighter bars
scrolling across the screen. This is most visible when watching DVD,
and the bars stops in position when i pause the movie. The bars aren't
visible in every scenes and they follows the contain of the picture.
Is some kind of artefact of the 100Hz process, or is my tv
mailfuctioning?

Ron(UK)

Lanzar wrote:

Hi!

On my Sony 29" 100Hz (KV-X2993E) television i see some brighter bars
scrolling across the screen. This is most visible when watching DVD,
and the bars stops in position when i pause the movie. The bars aren't
visible in every scenes and they follows the contain of the picture.
Is some kind of artefact of the 100Hz process, or is my tv
mailfuctioning?

Have you tried a better quality cable between the dvd player and the
set? I`ve seen problems like that when using 'budget' scart cables.

Ron

--

www.lunevalleyaudio.com
Ron(UK)

Lanzar wrote:

Hi!

On my Sony 29" 100Hz (KV-X2993E) television i see some brighter bars
scrolling across the screen. This is most visible when watching DVD,
and the bars stops in position when i pause the movie. The bars aren't
visible in every scenes and they follows the contain of the picture.
Is some kind of artefact of the 100Hz process, or is my tv
mailfuctioning?

Have you tried a better quality cable between the dvd player and the
set? I`ve seen problems like that when using 'budget' scart cables.

Ron

Ohh just remembered, spent ages once looking for the cause of light
patterning and a slight but annoying buzz on the sound of a Toshiba
widescreen once. It turned out to be field from a cordless phone base
nearby. I`ve seen the same thing from mobile phone chargers.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Lanzar

Intresting answers. I tried a diffrent cable but no change. I have
also tried the input on the front of the tv, but same problem. I also
don't think it can be caused by some nearby electronics, becouse the
patterns freezes when i pause the movie. Also when i zoom a picture
the patterns are visible on different places, and moves when i zoom
out the picture...
Ron(UK)

Lanzar wrote:
Intresting answers. I tried a diffrent cable but no change. I have
also tried the input on the front of the tv, but same problem. I also
don't think it can be caused by some nearby electronics, becouse the
patterns freezes when i pause the movie. Also when i zoom a picture
the patterns are visible on different places, and moves when i zoom
out the picture...

Try relocating the dvd player, turn it through 90 degrees, if it`s
directly under the set, try moving it away as far as you can.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
Lanzar

Same thing. I think the problem is inside the tv. But what could be
failing that creates a problem like this..?
Lanzar

It had a problem with cold soldering on IC1501. Could that have
damaged the IC somehow, and maybe it should have been replaced...?