Default samsung txg2046 problems / eeprom / service mode

hello all,
I have a samsung txg2046 19'' color tv. a while back after a
thunderstorm I found that when adjusting volume etc the tv would turn
off/reset. not good but since I have some external speakers with their
own volume control on it and use it mostly for video games it didn't
matter. Then I tried to adjust the volume the other day and managed to
make things worse. Now I get no picture from the av inputs, picture
from ant. is ok. I saw a brief picture once while pushing the
vol/resetting the tv but it didn't stay.

Anyway I was browsing this newsroup and found that this seems common
for samsung (at least the initial problem) and is likly corrupted
EEPROM. taking the tv in to be serviced seems silly since it cost $200
5 years ago and now I could get a 27'' for that price. Howevere I love
to fix things if I can.

I found the factory mode and was hoping someone might know if there is
anything I might change that might enable me to fix the eeprom so that
my picture comes back. Any help would be much apreciated .. if i make
things worse its not a huge deal since between the vol and no no pic
for video in the tv isn't very useful to me.

Model No: TXG2046
Serial No: 3ccj801955z

thanks
-denis

ok .. update .. I started playing with service mode a "bit" and decided
factory reset wouldn't be a bad bet. so I did that video in video mode
was still blank. dang. however when I started playing around in ant.
mode I realized that the volume works now!! no more resetting. so I
fixed that. but does anyone know what all the other options in service
mode do? I dont have the service manual. Anything that might get my
picture back in video mode?

thanks again
-denis

Rono

You may need an EEPROM, & Micro!
Rono.

Art

Techs just adore those customers who must dick with the service menues, than
do not inform the techs that they did so. We have a very high regard for
those in-ept personel who go where many professionals will not without the
proper documentation. Something akin to checking if the fan is running by
digital interface with your hand!!
Service manuels are required to do these adjustment properly, either
purchase one from Samsung, or find on via the Google engine. Of course, we
have no problem with you total fubard-ing your own product, we just do not
want to see it for repair after you have done it! At least not without
$100 up front!! IMHO

"Rono" wrote in message
You may need an EEPROM, & Micro!
Rono.

Well I got everything working .. looks like it was indeed just
corrupted EEPROM settings. So after getting into service mode with the
mute+1+8+2+power_on I used both the info from
http://schforfree.seedhost.com/archi...deo%2FProducts on the
samsung chassis KCT52A as well as a bit of luck and managed to find a
working set of numbers for the option bytes, specifically byte0: 20
byte1: 554

Since the chassis manual seems a bit dated the info on byte1 didn't
jive completely but I now have audio and video like normal, so I am
happy. Thanks to all that replied.

-denis