Bill Jeffrey

Default Stash an old radio for me?

Good morning, folks -

I spotted this old radio on eBay. It is very much like one my
grandfather (my father's father) bought in Vermont in 1928 or 1929, and
then of course lost in the Depression. My Dad mentioned it often, so I
have always wanted to get one.

Anyway, I wouldn't trust UPS or truck freight to move it without
breaking it. Not to mention $150 in shipping charges, of course.
Anyway, if I bought it, would you consider going up to Danbury, bringing
it back to your house, and stashing it there until we come to visit
sometime in late July?

If this is not convenient - no time, no appropriate vehicle, etc -
please feel free to say so. I don't want to put you out.

Today is, I think, the 10th consecutive day of temperatures well over
100 degrees. It is time to get out, and we will, in fact, leave on
Monday. Looking forward to our long trip around the west, then Aly's
wedding, then getting back to the beach for the summer.

Thanks

Bill Jeffrey

Allodoxaphobia

On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:41:07 -0700, Bill Jeffrey wrote:

...... Anyway, if I bought it, would you consider going up to
Danbury, bringing it back to your house, and stashing it there
until we come to visit sometime in late July?

Sort of awkward right now -- since we are in the middle
of moving cross-state in these next couple of weeks.
Sorry.
But, thanks for sharing.

Jonesy
Bill Jeffrey

Yah. Sorry about that. Overanxious "send" finger ...

Bill
--------------------

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:41:07 -0700, Bill Jeffrey wrote:

...... Anyway, if I bought it, would you consider going up to
Danbury, bringing it back to your house, and stashing it there
until we come to visit sometime in late July?

Sort of awkward right now -- since we are in the middle
of moving cross-state in these next couple of weeks.
Sorry.
But, thanks for sharing.

Jonesy

Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 3rd 04 11:29 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
Radio Volume goes crazy? Maybe a short? (mini-van) lbbs Electronics Repair 14 November 30th 03 11:07 PM
What commercial radio frequencies does Japan use? Eric Sta. Ana Electronics Repair 2 July 28th 03 07:01 AM
Mobile VHF radio problem Bob Engelhardt Electronics Repair 4 July 17th 03 05:43 AM