Andy Cuffe

Default Viewsonic VP181 back light inverter

I have a Viewsonic VP181 18.1" LCD monitor that has a problem with the
back light inverter. The seems to be a common problem with it and
there are replacement inverters available for about $100. Has anyone
managed to repair one of these inverter boards? I've checked all the
fuses, caps, power transistors and the transformers. It uses a
Hitachi INVC551 inverter.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

most common problems are cracked solder connections around xfrms...
and high esr electrolytic(s) filtering the input B+ on the inverter
board.... must check with an ESR meter or just replace.
electricitym
..
..
..

ob38

Hi,
I just bought a monitor, same as yours, with same problem,

Please let me know if you have brown traces under PCB corresponding
with Q1 and Q2 transistors .

I going to check all components, it seems to be complicated

Do you know how to check for transformers T1 and T2 ?

Thanks

Olivier