DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosch Exxcel dishwasher problems! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/107223-bosch-exxcel-dishwasher-problems.html)

Adrian Brentnall May 24th 05 01:21 PM

Bosch Exxcel dishwasher problems!

Hi All
We treated ourselevs to a dishwasher last year - a Bosch Exxcel.
It worked fine for just over a year - but now it's playing up.

Although it seems to actually wash thing reasonably well - glasses and
cutlery are left with a 'grey-white' film - which is slightly greasy
to the touch.

Originally we ran the dishwasher with 'tablets' only (we thought that
this was OK...) Since then we've tried adding salt and rinse aid - but
we still have problems with this 'film' after washing. We use
well-water in the house...

I've taken the machine apart as far as I dare g - taken off the
rotating arms and checked that they are clear, also cleaned out the
filters in the base of the machine.

The one thing I've not yet checked is the filter in the water inlet
(according to the instruction book there bay be one fitted as part of
the inlet pipe).

Can anybody suggest what the next step should be - preferably not
calling an an engineer !

How do you get at the innards of the machine in order to look for
further blockages - do you need to get at the underside of the machine
to do this ??

Many thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

NSM May 25th 05 06:07 AM

"Adrian Brentnall" adrian-the papers and the wrote
in message ...

Originally we ran the dishwasher with 'tablets' only (we thought that
this was OK...) Since then we've tried adding salt and rinse aid - but
we still have problems with this 'film' after washing. We use
well-water in the house...

Have you tested the well water?

Adrian Brentnall May 25th 05 09:23 AM

HI 'N'
Thanks for the reply

On Wed, 25 May 2005 05:07:02 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Adrian Brentnall" adrian-the papers and the wrote
in message ...

Originally we ran the dishwasher with 'tablets' only (we thought that
this was OK...) Since then we've tried adding salt and rinse aid - but
we still have problems with this 'film' after washing. We use
well-water in the house...

Have you tested the well water?

It was tested for the usual 'nasties' when we moved here - about 5
years ago. The list of tests included such favourites (!) as
Total coliforms
Faecal coliforms
Clostridia
Nitrate
Flouride
and
Turbidity.

And the water was fine on all counts. We only once had a problem with
the water after a couple of days of very heavy rain - when it went
cloudy for a day or two - but I don't think that's the cause of the
problems.

The small 'run' I did last night in the dishwasher looked better than
before - having managed to 'turn on' the water softener maybe things
will continue to improve...?

Thanks for the reply
Adrian

NSM May 25th 05 06:16 PM

"Adrian Brentnall" adrian-the papers and the wrote
in message ...

HI 'N'
Thanks for the reply

I would run it with NO soap and some household ammonia in the basin. Don't
sniff the vapors. This is not something everyone would agree with but it has
worked for me.