Russ

Default Flux

I was buying some flux and I noticed a bottle with clear liquid that said
"No Clean Flux" Will this work like the regular Rosin flux? Is it better or
worse? It was $20.00 and I didn't want to end up poring it down the drain.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article NAFge.14983$U01.4884@trnddc07,
Russ wrote:
I was buying some flux and I noticed a bottle with clear liquid that
said "No Clean Flux" Will this work like the regular Rosin flux? Is it
better or worse? It was $20.00 and I didn't want to end up poring it
down the drain.

I wouldn't use it on anything electronic. I'm not quite sure of the brand,
but it's likely to be an aggressive action flux designed for say capillary
fittings on copper pipe and needs thorough washing off after use.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
GregS

Russ wrote:
I was buying some flux and I noticed a bottle with clear liquid that
said "No Clean Flux" Will this work like the regular Rosin flux? Is it
better or worse? It was $20.00 and I didn't want to end up poring it
down the drain.

I wouldn't use it on anything electronic. I'm not quite sure of the brand,
but it's likely to be an aggressive action flux designed for say capillary
fittings on copper pipe and needs thorough washing off after use.

Regular rosin flux, is no clean. Some of the newer fluxes especially of
the non lead solders use an organic flux which is washed off with water.
Water then non statically and blown dry maybe with some amount of heat.

greg
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
GregS wrote:
I was buying some flux and I noticed a bottle with clear liquid that
said "No Clean Flux" Will this work like the regular Rosin flux? Is
it better or worse? It was $20.00 and I didn't want to end up poring
it down the drain.

I wouldn't use it on anything electronic. I'm not quite sure of the
brand, but it's likely to be an aggressive action flux designed for say
capillary fittings on copper pipe and needs thorough washing off after
use.

Regular rosin flux, is no clean.

Ah - so it means you don't have to clean it off? I totally thought the
other way - that some of these aggressive fluxes are said to work without
any cleaning of the materials. Not that I'd trust them ;-)

Some of the newer fluxes especially of the non lead solders use an
organic flux which is washed off with water. Water then non statically
and blown dry maybe with some amount of heat.

Yup.

--
*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? *