www.1pc1.co.uk

Default Grundig Satellite Fault

I have a grundig GDS200 Digital Satellite Receiver that has a " no signal
fault ". Anyone know the problem.
ta, Les

Just Another Theremin Fan

I have a grundig GDS200 Digital Satellite Receiver that has a " no
signal
fault ". Anyone know the problem.

Yes, there is no signal!

NSM

"www.1pc1.co.uk" wrote in message
Schools Out.

You WERE asking for that one. What happens when you trace through the input
stages with an RF oscillator?

www.1pc1.co.uk

Don't have an oscillator, was hoping someone had come across a similar
fault. I know the PSU's can cause problems in these models, just wondered if
they caused this fault.
ta, Les

www.1pc1.co.uk wrote:
I have a grundig GDS200 Digital Satellite Receiver that has a " no

signal
fault ". Anyone know the problem.
ta, Les

bad electrolytics. I had a similar problem with a grundig sky digi
receiver, they get quite hot in operation and especially if people cram
them in a stack of AV amps, videos and dvd players in some airless
cabinet!
opened this unit up and saw about 4 or 5 swelled up caps. cant recall
much more sorry, that was ages ago....
Ben

that parrot chap

On Sun, 8 May 2005 10:00:52 +0100, "www.1pc1.co.uk"
wrote:

I have a grundig GDS200 Digital Satellite Receiver that has a " no signal
fault ". Anyone know the problem.
ta, Les

A quick google reveals this...

http://www.satcure.co.uk/gds200.htm

Seafarer

wrote:

I have a grundig GDS200 Digital Satellite Receiver that has a " no signal
fault ". Anyone know the problem.
ta, Les

You have to find out and trace the signal.Buy a cheap sat finder and
connect it to the Sat cable socket in the digibox.
Is there a signal? no? go to the dish and try the same at the LNB
socket,Signal?then you have a shorted cable.
Try another Digibox [Borrow] and see if it works with your setup.
If it does your digibox is shagged and just for the record,I bought a
brand new one from Ebay last week for fifty pounds! Got Sky to
authorise the card and it's a steal.
NSM

"www.1pc1.co.uk" wrote in message
Don't have an oscillator, was hoping someone had come across a similar
fault. I know the PSU's can cause problems in these models, just wondered

if
they caused this fault.

You can knock together a 2 transistor squawker that's help but you'll need a
manual really unless you're experienced. Check the voltages on the
transistors for sure.

NSM

"www.1pc1.co.uk" wrote in message
How do I knock together a 2 transistor squawker.
Thanks, Les

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_101457/article.html

(Signal injector)