JVC Dude

Default Denon UDRA-90 help

Can't help you with info for it, but I work on these Denons from time to
time (I seem to get lots of weird/unstandard faults turning up on them)

Luckily I think yours just wants a laser clean and servo settings tweak.
The sled rod could need oiling, or the tracking servo is having difficulty
with the more open 'grooves' at the end. Normally you can compensate for
this by turning up the laser slightly !! too much and you shorten the diodes
life.

Hope that helps AW

"T N Nurse" wrote in message
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the
Denon UDRA-90 receiver amp? Searching through all the major search
engines turns up zero info on it. It has a matching CD player UCD-90
which has a fault - it skips on the last track. Can anyone point me to
anywhere that has info on this system?

Thanks.

Mark D. Zacharias

T N Nurse wrote:
In article ,
"JVC Dude" wrote:

Can't help you with info for it, but I work on these Denons from
time to time (I seem to get lots of weird/unstandard faults turning
up on them)

Luckily I think yours just wants a laser clean and servo settings
tweak. The sled rod could need oiling, or the tracking servo is
having difficulty with the more open 'grooves' at the end.
Normally you can compensate for this by turning up the laser
slightly !! too much and you shorten the diodes life.

Hope that helps AW

Someone give that man a cigar!
Gave it a good clean including the sled rods which I gave a touch of
light oil and it's working now!. One question though. The disk I was
testing with was an 80 minute CDR. Can these sometimes cause problems
for audio CD players?

Generally not, provided the player is in good condition. Philips models used
to have problems with discs longer than the standard 74 minutes.

Mark Z.

Denon PMA-520 schematics Leonard G. Caillouet Electronics Repair 1 August 16th 12 05:41 PM
Strange problems with Denon DN720R cassette deck Shpalman Electronics Repair 1 October 7th 04 11:44 AM
Denon phone # ?? TA7205 Electronics Repair 3 April 24th 04 08:41 PM
DENON DCM-5000 adil Electronics Repair 0 December 11th 03 04:51 PM
Repair Manual / Parts for Denon AVR-900 Receiver (old) Gregory E. Rose Electronics Repair 0 December 6th 03 08:18 AM