Bob Parker

Default Good datasheet collection

Hi,
In case you don't already know about it, there's a big collection
of datasheets available for download at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ They claim to have 1.5 million
devices on record.
I tested it by asking for the old TBA750 Philips TV sound chip. It
was there and I downloaded it successfully, though the download was
kind-of slow.

Bob

Funny, I was just there for something they don't have. It happens, and
it was for a Sony so . . . . . . . .

However that is one of the best online sources for datasheets. If they
don't have it good luck. While bdent might have it, it's rare if
datasheet doesn't have it, but it has happened.

Just wait till I scan my old spec manual from 20 years ago ! The
problem is that it is small text and will need to be scanned in about
300 DPI, and there are ALOT of pages.

I'll see if my OCR program can handle it, but most likely it will be
JPGs. Now to find a place to host all that.

Actually for that a P2P network might be best. These are not going to
be small files.

Perhaps I'll scan a page and upload it so you know what I mean, also it
looks like a DOS batch file printed a database, all caps and
dissipation for example might say 170.000 W. On a power transistor do
we need to know the rating to the thousandth of a watt ?

Nonetheless I think it would be a good resource for those fixing old
stuff. One of these days. I do seriously intend to do it when I get the
time.

JURB

Wild Bill

Hi Bob, I hope things are going well in Oz.

Thanks for the great archive. There were some good datasheet sites about 6
years ago that are now expensive subscription only sites.

Cheers
WB

"Bob Parker" wrote in message
Hi,
In case you don't already know about it, there's a big collection
of datasheets available for download at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ They claim to have 1.5 million
devices on record.
I tested it by asking for the old TBA750 Philips TV sound chip. It
was there and I downloaded it successfully, though the download was
kind-of slow.

Bob

Unbeliever

"Bob Parker" wrote in message
Hi,
In case you don't already know about it, there's a big collection
of datasheets available for download at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ They claim to have 1.5 million
devices on record.
I tested it by asking for the old TBA750 Philips TV sound chip. It
was there and I downloaded it successfully, though the download was
kind-of slow.

Bob

I've found www.alldatasheet.com the singularly most useful data sheet
archive, but it's always good to know of another.

Cheers,
Alf

Bob Parker

Hi again Bill!
Yeh, things aren't too bad Down Under. I hope they're going well
for you "up" there too.
I was going to mention Free Trade Zone and how their data sheets
went from free to having to pay for old ones to having to pay for
everything.
It's nice to know that there are still some sites where you can get
stuff for free. I don't mind the advertising and I might even follow
the links, as long as I get that data sheet which will let me fix or
design something.

Cheers,
Bob

"Wild Bill" wrote:

Hi Bob, I hope things are going well in Oz.

Thanks for the great archive. There were some good datasheet sites about 6
years ago that are now expensive subscription only sites.

Cheers
WB

Michael A. Terrell

Bob Parker wrote:

Hi,
In case you don't already know about it, there's a big collection
of datasheets available for download at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ They claim to have 1.5 million
devices on record.
I tested it by asking for the old TBA750 Philips TV sound chip. It
was there and I downloaded it successfully, though the download was
kind-of slow.

Bob

I use MC-5800 to test datasheet websites. So far, not one has had a
datasheet for this RF hybrid made by NEC. When i do a Google search I
find my website, and parts for vending machines.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Eric

I have these as well,
http://www.alldatasheet.com/
http://www.americanmicrosemi.com/
http://www.bdent.com

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/
http://www.datasheet4u.com

"Bob Parker" wrote in message
Hi,
In case you don't already know about it, there's a big collection
of datasheets available for download at
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ They claim to have 1.5 million
devices on record.
I tested it by asking for the old TBA750 Philips TV sound chip. It
was there and I downloaded it successfully, though the download was
kind-of slow.

Bob

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:38:55 +1000, Bob Parker
put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's nice to know that there are still some sites where you can get
stuff for free. I don't mind the advertising and I might even follow
the links, as long as I get that data sheet which will let me fix or
design something.

If the manufacturer of the device didn't have a datasheet, I'd be
loathe to design with it.

- Franc Zabkar

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Just wait till I scan my old spec manual from 20 years ago ! The
problem is that it is small text and will need to be scanned in about
300 DPI, and there are ALOT of pages.

Use Tiffs with LZW compression. Most OCR programs can handle those. Abby
Fine Reader is quite good.