Junior Member

Default Rca F25251wn

My RCA has had problems in the past where it turns itself back on immediately after turning it off. Then one day it just wouldn't turn on.
Interior very dusty, found RT4201K degaussing varistor had fallen off. Would this cause the set not to power up at all? I am replacing the part, but would like other ideas.

First off, post the chassis number.
Second, go to the repairfaq.org, especially if it uses the ctc177
series of chassis.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
First off, post the chassis number.
Second, go to the repairfaq.org, especially if it uses the ctc177
series of chassis.

MY chassis is a 177. I went to repairfaq.org, got info on troubleshooting a dead set 177. The problem turned out to be the 1.5Mohm 1/4 watt R4104.
I replaced it, and happy days are here again.
Thanks alot