Default Camcorder audio problem - 8mm in hi8 camcorder

I bought a hi8 recorder to replace my regular 8mm. When replaying the
regular 8mm on the hi8, the sound cuts in and out, and there is a
slight horizontal distortion line on the bottom of the screen. Is this
normal for playing regualar 8 tapes on a hi8 camcorder?

eddumweer

Some 8 mm recorders have a problem that a guidingarm on the chassis will
misadjust during use. This is caused by a lockingscrew which is not good
locking.

So your old one could have that problem and the new one displays it.

If playing the old tape in your old recorder it will be all right, but if
you play a tape which you have made in the beginning you bought your old
recorder could have the same problem.

Greetings Peter

schreef in bericht
ups.com...
I bought a hi8 recorder to replace my regular 8mm. When replaying the
regular 8mm on the hi8, the sound cuts in and out, and there is a
slight horizontal distortion line on the bottom of the screen. Is this
normal for playing regualar 8 tapes on a hi8 camcorder?

Thanks for replying. If I'm understanding you ok, would it make sense
to find a used (doubt if I can find a new one) regular 8 camcorder for
viewing the older tapes? In other words, because I'm using a high 8,
that's why I'm having this problem, or do you think I'll have this
problem on any 8 mm because the tracking arm may have been loose on
the original camera?