Default 4 V gel cell for Tek 222PS scope

Hello all!

I am looking for a replacement battery for a Tektronix "Power Scout"
222PS portable scope. The original battery supplied by Tek consists
of two Panasonic 4 V 2.2 Ah/20h gel cell batteries glued together and
wired in series. The Tek label rates this combination at 8.0 V,
2.1 Ah/10h and gives the part number as 146-0075-00. (This same battery
may have been used in the other portable scopes like this one, like maybe
the 222/A and 224.)

The Panasonic part number for each battery is LC-2042R1PU . I can't
find this number, but they are the same size, shape, and terminal
configuration as the (discontinued) LCS-214P,
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...scontinued.pdf
.. (Tek welded some tabs onto the battery terminals to connect the wires
to.) I have checked some of the usual suspects (Power Sonic, CSB,
Yuasa/Enersys, and Sonnenschein) and none of them make exactly this
battery. Power Sonic makes some 4 V batteries that are physically and
electrically too big. They also make an 8 V 3.2 Ah battery
http://www.power-sonic.com/ps-832.pdf that will almost fit in
the hole except it's just a bit too long (the 5.3"/134 mm dimension).

If I can't find the right battery, I have other options. I sort of want
to stay with lead-acid or with something that has a compatible charging
requirement so I can keep using the charger built into the scope. If I
can find a 12 V battery that fits in the hole, I can run it into the
external power jack on the scope, but then I have to come up with a
separate charger for the battery. Or, maybe I can stack up some NiCd,
NiMH, or 2 V SLA cells to get there.

Any tips or leads will be appreciated. Thanks!

Matt Roberds

There are cells called "Cyclon (cylindrical lead acid) which are 2V at
0.8 up to about 25AH, available from CPC.

You might be able to use these, if they are the correct size.
Regards,
-A

Keith Jewell

One of the following three options might fit:

http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL139/35L139S1
http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL152/37L152S1
http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL154/37L154S1

If none of those work, you may be able to assemble a pack from:

http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL125/35L125S1

which are much larger than the original battery, or perhaps from:

http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL149/37L149S1

which are the Cyclons that were mentioned earlier.

Sorry for the single-site links. They have a fair price and a good
search engine, so it made my job easier.

-Keith

JM

quoting:
Hello all!

I am looking for a replacement battery for a Tektronix "Power Scout"
222PS portable scope. The original battery supplied by Tek consists
of two Panasonic 4 V 2.2 Ah/20h gel cell batteries glued together and
wired in series. The Tek label rates this combination at 8.0 V,
2.1 Ah/10h and gives the part number as 146-0075-00. (This same battery
may have been used in the other portable scopes like this one, like maybe
the 222/A and 224.)

Did you check to make sure your batteries are not just sulfated?

mike

JM wrote:
quoting:

Hello all!

I am looking for a replacement battery for a Tektronix "Power Scout"
222PS portable scope. The original battery supplied by Tek consists
of two Panasonic 4 V 2.2 Ah/20h gel cell batteries glued together and
wired in series. The Tek label rates this combination at 8.0 V,
2.1 Ah/10h and gives the part number as 146-0075-00. (This same battery
may have been used in the other portable scopes like this one, like maybe
the 222/A and 224.)

Did you check to make sure your batteries are not just sulfated?

JUST sulfated????
Please disclose the cure for sulfation.
Thanks, mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

Scope usage [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 April 3rd 05 04:41 PM
a cell phone question RB Electronics Repair 5 March 9th 05 08:09 AM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 01:22 AM
Tektronix 466 Scope Problem Chris Electronics Repair 13 December 24th 03 04:50 PM
BK Precision 1522 scope: bad input section, no trace Ben Byer Electronics Repair 3 September 22nd 03 11:29 PM