DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Samsung TV TXE2545 Bottom Half of Picture (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/102486-samsung-tv-txe2545-bottom-half-picture.html)

Brad April 12th 05 03:37 PM

Samsung TV TXE2545 Bottom Half of Picture

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV TXE2545 mfg 4/97 in my shop with
half a picture (bottom half) which is linear (normal). At the center (top of
half of picture) is a bright horizontal line. Above, the screen is black.
I scoped the input signal (pin 1) to IC301 TDA8350Q and it looks normal.
Pins 4 and 8 have a little above normal voltage. Could the cause
of this problem be IC301?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Tom MacIntyre April 12th 05 09:25 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:37:12 GMT, (Brad) wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV TXE2545 mfg 4/97 in my shop with
half a picture (bottom half) which is linear (normal). At the center (top of
half of picture) is a bright horizontal line. Above, the screen is black.
I scoped the input signal (pin 1) to IC301 TDA8350Q and it looks normal.
Pins 4 and 8 have a little above normal voltage. Could the cause
of this problem be IC301?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Vertical IC, but there is an upgrade for those sets also. They
(Samsung) recommend adding some components to the vertical section
(zeners and ceramic capacitors, I think) to stabilize the circuit.
Someone may have that information available.

They run as hot as a firebrand, or at least did when I worked on
them.

Tom

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Tom MacIntyre April 12th 05 11:02 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:20:17 -0400, "kip" wrote:

Tom ! They still Run Hot Hot..

kip

55-60 degrees C on the heatsink, if memory serves. Maybe a Peletier
cooler is in order for them. :-)

Tom

.. .

Jason D. April 13th 05 01:04 AM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:25:14 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:37:12 GMT, (Brad) wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV TXE2545 mfg 4/97 in my shop with
half a picture (bottom half) which is linear (normal). At the center (top of
half of picture) is a bright horizontal line. Above, the screen is black.
I scoped the input signal (pin 1) to IC301 TDA8350Q and it looks normal.
Pins 4 and 8 have a little above normal voltage. Could the cause
of this problem be IC301?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Vertical IC, but there is an upgrade for those sets also. They
(Samsung) recommend adding some components to the vertical section
(zeners and ceramic capacitors, I think) to stabilize the circuit.

Hmmm, that bugger runs real HOT. Change all 3 caps for that vertical
circuit and the IC. This one uses dual voltage design, one positive,
one negative.

Yes there is Samsung's bulletin on that design.

Cheers,

Wizard