Jørgen Christensen

Default Panasonic video NV-F65EB, test pattern distorted.

Following happens when i watch TV via videotuner (not recording).
When watching the testpattern from Denmark or Sweden the vertical white
lines are zigzagging right and left for every horizontal white line in the
pattern. Zigzagging can be up to 1 centimeter.
It looks like too much antennasignal, but I have tried to lower
antennasignal up to 40 dB/uV (heavy snow) but the problem is still there.
Have scoped voltages to tuner and modulator, no ripple on scope.
When watching ordinary TV (not testpattern) vertical lines are not steady.
What am I missing?

Regards Jørgen.

eddumweer

Probably bad ESR on electrolytic capacitors in the powersupply. With the
oscilloscope you can't see that.

Greetings PP

"Jørgen Christensen" schreef in bericht
. dk...
Following happens when i watch TV via videotuner (not recording).
When watching the testpattern from Denmark or Sweden the vertical white
lines are zigzagging right and left for every horizontal white line in the
pattern. Zigzagging can be up to 1 centimeter.
It looks like too much antennasignal, but I have tried to lower
antennasignal up to 40 dB/uV (heavy snow) but the problem is still there.
Have scoped voltages to tuner and modulator, no ripple on scope.
When watching ordinary TV (not testpattern) vertical lines are not steady.
What am I missing?

Regards Jørgen.

Jørgen Christensen

Thanks, I will check the caps. I have just received an ESR tester from
England today.

Regards Jørgen

ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory The Photographer Electronics Repair 0 June 3rd 04 11:40 PM
ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory Kristy Electronics Repair 2 April 14th 04 04:24 AM
video producer seeking home inspection company to produce how-to video David Welch Home Ownership 0 February 5th 04 11:03 PM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM
Possible Condensation Solution? - Test Data Tom Watson Woodworking 4 November 7th 03 08:51 PM